Please read carefully. And, please contact us if you have any questions.
NOTE: A minimum number of students is required for certain classes and workshops. This is due, in part, to the fixed costs associated with renting a venue. More importantly, the opportunity to exchange and learn from other students is invaluable. Two weeks prior to the scheduled class or workshop, Starchaser will reconfirm that the class or workshop has met the minimum requirement and will be held as planned. For some classes and workshops there is a maximum on the number of students admitted. If the maximum has been reached, students will be notified and we will either schedule an additional class or grant priority placement for a future class.
- No shows, late arrivals and session cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled session are charged in full. There is no guarantee that a late arrival will receive a full treatment.
- Cancellations or appointment changes made between 24 and 48 hours in advance of the scheduled time are reimbursed, however, they incur a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations or appointment changes made more than 48 hours in advance incur no fee or charge.
- Cancellations made three weeks prior to the class, are refundable.
- Cancellations made two weeks prior to the class, are not refundable, but students receive full credit toward another class. These changes are subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made within one week or less of the class are not refundable, nor will the student receive credit. We are sorry to impose this penalty, but there are venue fees and the possibility that a small class would need to be cancelled for all students when one cancellation is made at this late stage.
Short Courses, Workshops and Shares
- We’re sorry but we cannot offer refunds, unless we cancel mini workshops or shares. We incur costs whether the share is held or not. Note also that we do not necessarily follow DC or Montgomery County weather closures. Contact Starchaser before 12 noon the day of the Share if you’re need to confirm the status of the share.
- For full-day workshops, cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the workshop forfeit 50 percent of the short course or workshop fee. Cancellations and changes made two weeks or more in advance of the workshop are reimbursed, however, they incur $25 administrative fee.